Here are 10 nutritious foods that support healthy aging.
2. Green tea has strong antioxidant properties. As such, it may help protect your skin against free radical damage that can occur as a result of external factors like pollution or sunlight.
3. Fatty fish, such as salmon, are high in omega-3s, protein, selenium, and astaxanthin, which are all associated with healthier skin.
4. Dark chocolate contains flavanols that act as antioxidants in the body. Some preliminary research suggests it may improve skin health, though more research is needed.
5. Vegetables are rich in antioxidants that can help protect your skin from sun damage and help support healthy skin renewal.
6. Flaxseeds contain types of antioxidants which help fight free radicals in the body. Furthermore, they’re high in an omega-3 which supports a healthy skin membrane.
7. Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants that may help with skin repair and protect the skin against sun-related damage.
8. Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats and antioxidants, which help support a healthy skin membrane and prevent free radical damage that leads to aging.