Consider following these six strategies for weight-loss success.
1. Long-term weight loss takes time and effort. While you don't want to put off weight loss indefinitely, you should make sure you're ready to make permanent changes to eating and activity habits.
2. No one else can make you lose weight. You must undertake diet and exercise changes to please yourself. Make a list of what's important to you to help you stay motivated and focused.
3. It may seem obvious to set realistic weight-loss goals. But do you really know what's realistic? Over the long term, it's smart to aim for losing 1 to 2 pounds (0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week.
4. Adopting a new eating style that promotes weight loss must include lowering your total calorie intake. One way you can lower your calorie intake is by eating more plant-based foods.
5. While you can lose weight without exercise, regular physical activity plus calorie restriction can help give you the weight-loss edge.
6. It's not enough to eat healthy foods and exercise for only a few weeks or even months if you want long-term, successful weight management. These habits must become a way of life.