16 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Lose Weight
This Story discusses 16 ways to motivate yourself to lose weight.
1. Clearly define your weight loss goals and write them down. Make sure your motivation is driven from within for long-term success.
2. Set realistic weight loss expectations to boost feelings of achievement and prevent burn out. Just a moderate amount of weight loss of 5–10% can have a major impact on your health.
Setting SMART process goals will help you stay motivated, while focusing only on outcome goals can lead to disappointment and decrease your motivation.
Pick an eating plan that you can stick to long term and avoid extreme or quick-fix diets.
Keeping a food journal can help you measure progress, identify triggers and hold yourself accountable. You can use a website or app as a tool for tracking as well.
Celebrate all your successes throughout your weight loss journey. Consider rewarding yourself to further boost your motivation.
Having strong social support will help hold you accountable and keep you motivated to lose weight. Consider joining a support group to help boost your motivation along the way.
Making a public commitment to lose weight will help you stay motivated and hold you accountable.
Think and talk positively about your weight loss goals, but make sure you are realistic and focus on the steps you must take to reach them.
It is crucial to plan for setbacks and have good coping practices. If you use food as a coping mechanism, start practicing other ways to cope.
11. When you aim for perfection, you will quickly lose your motivation. By allowing yourself flexibility and forgiving yourself, you can stay motivated throughout your weight loss journey.
Boosting your body image can help you stay motivated to lose weight. Try the activities mentioned above to improve your body image.
Exercise not only helps you burn calories, it also makes you feel better. Find an exercise you enjoy, so it can easily become part of your routine.
14. Finding a role model will help keep you motivated. It is important to find a role model that you can relate to.
Dogs ownership can help you lose weight by increasing your physical activity and providing great social support along the way.
16. Professionals such as dietitians, exercise physiologists and psychologists can help boost your motivation and knowledge to help you reach your weight loss goals.
Click to explore
14 Healthy Breakfast Foods That Help You Lose Weight