Here are 15 of the unhealthiest junk foods in America.
1. Pop Tarts are high in sugar and contain refined flour and unhealthy oils. They provide very little protein or fiber.
2. Arby’s Curly Fries are a deep-fried side dish that contains 650 calories, 77 grams of carbs and 35 grams of fat.
3. Popeyes Handcrafted Tenders are battered and deep-fried. They also contain trans fats, which are inflammatory and may increase the risk of heart disease and obesity.
4. The Cinnabon Caramel Pecanbon contains more than 1,000 calories and is loaded with fat, carbs and added sugars.
5. A Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino contains 500 calories, 64 grams of sugar. Research suggests that liquid sugar calories fail to elicit fullness signals that help regulate food intake.
6. The Outback Steakhouse Bloomin’ Onion appetizer contains more than 1,900 calories, 120 grams of carbs and 154 grams of fat, including 7 grams of trans fat, linked to increased disease risk.
7. Burger King’s Oreo Milkshake contains 730 calories and 121 grams of carbs, 100 from sugar alone. Its high fructose content may increase disease risk.
8. Corn dogs contain processed meat, which has been linked to cancer and other health problems, and are deep-fried in processed vegetable oil.
9. The Dunkin’ Donuts Glazed Jelly Stick is a deep-fried pastry that boasts 480 calories, is high in refined flour and sugar and contains trans fats.
10. A large Dairy Queen Royal Reese’s Brownie Blizzard Treat consists of 1,510 calories, 189 grams of carbs and 72 grams of fat. It contains both artificial and natural trans fats.
11. Sugar-sweetened soda is high in fructose, which has been linked to insulin resistance, belly fat and an increased risk of heart disease.
12. The KFC Famous Bowl consists of 710 calories, 82 grams of carbs and 31 grams of fat. It contains several potentially harmful ingredients, including deep-fried chicken, trans fats and corn syrup.
13. McDonald’s Triple Thick Milkshake contains 1,100 calories and 193 grams of carbs, including 135 grams of added sugar.
14. Mrs. Field’s Cookie Cups are high-calorie, high-carb treats rich in refined flour and sugar. Worst of all, they contain 3 grams of unhealthy trans fat apiece.
15. Cold Stone Creamery’s Mud Pie Mojo consists of 1,240 calories, 80 grams of fat and 123 grams of carbs in a large serving. In addition, it may contain some industrial trans fats.