Here are 10 tips to get back on track after an unplanned binge.
1. Walking is one easy way to feel better after a binge. It can help increase stomach emptying after eating, reduce body fat and improve your mood to help get you back on track.
2. Sleep deprivation has been associated with increased food intake. It may also alter levels of hormones that influence hunger. Aim to get seven to nine hours of sleep per night.
3. While it may be tempting to skimp on breakfast or lunch the day after overeating, starting your day with a healthy meal can actually help you get back on track.
4. Drinking more water can help you lose weight, reduce your calorie intake and temporarily increase your resting energy expenditure.
5. Yoga can help promote healthy eating habits and may help prevent emotional eating by reducing stress, depression and anxiety.
6. Get back on track after a binge by filling up on vegetables. They’re high in fiber and may help promote weight loss and feelings of fullness.